NOTICE OF THE ALFRED SPRINT REGATTA HOSTED BY ALFRED ROWING CLUB
Update: See results here: Alfreds Elgin Sprint results 17 Nov 2013
SUNDAY 17th November 2013
This notice of regatta is an invitation to all rowing clubs in the Western Cape to participate in the Alfreds Sprint Regatta as detailed in the notice below.
Elgin Country Club, Grabouw, Sunday the 17th, November 2013.
Directions from Cape Town: take the N2 over Sir Lowries Pass. Turn left at Orchards Farmstall. Go through Grabouw to last 4-way stop before bridge and before the uphill, turn left. Past Checkers on right, right through village. Over next 4-way stop, over bridge and river, immediately right, over railway line and left along alley of tall gum trees. You’ll come to the club house with parking, the rowing club further on down little lane by tennis court.
Events to start at 08h00s
1000m buoyed, multi- lane.
– All entries must be sent to Brian Christie, Alfred Rowing Club (email@example.com) strictly before the 12th of November 2013.
– Entrants that have boat preferences must indicate so on entry.
This is an ideal regatta for university B and C crews. Given that seniors racing of any sort in the Cape is limited, the organizers are willing to be flexible with the programme
It is proposed that events will include sculls, double sculls, quads and fours, for ladies and men, with mixed double sculls and quads too. If there is competition, Alfreds will reveal its current VIII, fresh off its races in Knysna and Misverstand.
– We will only run Senior and Masters events and novice events if the demand is there.
– Cost per entry: (R30.00) per competitor per event.
– Any club not having paid by the closing date will not be entered into the final draw.
– Direct deposits can be made by using the following Banking Details:
Alfred Rowing Club;
Branch: – Constantia;
Account Number: -301317798
Alfred Rowing Club is incorporated into Zeekoe Vlei Yacht Club
Reference: Club Name.
Proof of payment to be emailed to: Brian Christie( firstname.lastname@example.org)
– The final draw will be sent to all clubs MiCs and WESPRO via email on the Thursday 14th of November 2013.
Food, snacks and cool drinks will hopefully be available for sale at the venue.
6. Rules and regulations:
– The Regatta will be run by WESPRO in terms of rules and laws published in the RowSA rules, available on the website: www.rowsa.co.za.
– All rowers entering the Regatta must be registered with RowSA.
– By entering this regatta both the club and rower acknowledge that the entered rower has undergone and passed a sculling test.
– A compulsory traffic rules and safety briefing for all coaches (or delegated person), coxes and rowers of non-coxed boats will be held at 07h30.
– All boats are to be fitted with heel straps, bow balls and lane numbers, and failure to comply with this rule will result in disqualification.
– The two minute rule will be applied for the duration of the regatta. All issues
relating to the programme are to be addressed with the regatta organisers before the Thursday of the regatta.
7. Prize Giving:
Medals may l be awarded to the winners depending on how organized we get! The Prize Giving will be held at the end of the days racing. ‘B’ event medals will be handed out during the day.
8. Adverse Weather Conditions:
Regatta Control reserves the right to make changes to the racing Programme if the weather creates unfair or unsafe conditions.
WCR; RowSA; WESPRO; Alfreds and Medical facilities provided do not take responsibility for any damage to property or any bodily injury during the Alfreds Regatta.
The entering of your club members serves as an acceptance of INDEMNITY in this Viz: ”We declare that we accept the rules of entry and that we shall participate in the Alfreds Regatta; at our own risk and indemnify the organisers, sponsors and officials of this rowing regatta against any claim of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising; which may result from our club’s participation.”
Alfred rowing Club